STATEMENT OF FAITH
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in the holy scripture and fully accept the writings of the Old and New Testaments as the very Word of God, verbally inspired in all parts and therefore wholly without error as originally given by God, the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith, life, and conduct (Psalm 119:105, 133, 160; Proverbs 30:5a; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:19-21).
Certain sins have become acceptable in our society and are clear violations of Scripture. In the spirit of I Corinthians 6:9-11, we as an organization recognize that some in the organization may have participated in these sins. When a person is born again, God forgives all sin. This is not an exhaustive list. Our purpose is to promote Biblical standards in these areas where society has drifted away from its Biblical roots.
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Agape Homeschool Group as a local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to its members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Agape in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement of Faith for the purposes of the faith, doctrine, practice, policy, discipline, building use, employment practices, etc.
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11). We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Gossip, slander, hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the morals of Agape Homeschool Group. However, preaching and teaching God’s Truth as revealed in Scripture is not hateful or harassing of any person.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, Jesus is the only way to eternal life. Salvation from sin is by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose presence and powers are necessary for believers to live a godly life and for the building of the Body of Christ.
- We believe in the power of prayer, both individual and corporate.
- We believe in the sanctity of human life and that each child is a gift from God, entrusted to his or her parents to be the primary educators, training them in accordance with God’s will and Word.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differences which may exist outside the aforementioned, should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.
- We believe that God has established marriage as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman (based by their DNA) and that all intimate sexual activity outside the marriage relationship, whether heterosexual, homosexual, or otherwise, is immoral and therefore sin (Gen. 2:18-25; Ex. 20:14, 17, 22:19; Lev. 18:22-23, 20:13, 15-16; Matt. 19:4-6, 9; Rom. 1:18-31; I Cor. 6:9-10, 15-20; I Tim. 1:8-11; Jude 7). We believe that marriage and families are ordained and defined by God.
- We believe parents have the God given responsibility for the care and training of their children.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that God created the human race male and female and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one’s birth gender is immoral and therefore sin (Gen. 1:27; Deut. 22:5).